Alastair Humphreys is a British Adventurer and Author. He has been on expeditions all around the world, traveling through over 80 countries by bicycle, boat and on foot. In 2012 he was named as one of National Geographic’s Adventurers Of The Year.
Alastair has completed numerous epic human-powered journeys all across the globe. But after becoming a father, he realized that heading off into the wild for months at the time just wasn’t a viable option anymore.
That’s when he started exploring the concept of microadventures—shorter, more local adventures that still offer an escape to the wilderness but without the need to ski to the South Pole or go live in a cabin in Patagonia.
As an author, speaker and creative, Alastair is all about trying to encourage people to get outside and leave their comfort zone. This quest is what inspired his latest creative project, the ‘Living Adventurously’ Podcast.
In this episode, Alastair talks about the process behind writing and publishing his latest book, The Doorstep Mile. He also shares his tips on leveraging social media to engage with your audience, building momentum towards your dreams, creating habits that stick and building adventure into your busy daily life.
Mentioned on the show:
- Listen to Alastair’s Living Adventurously podcast
- Follow Alastair on IG @al_humphreys
- Check out Alastair’s website here
- Read Alastair’s latest book, The Doorstep Mile
To share the stoke:
- Connect with your hosts on Instagram at @jonathanronzio & @e_hollz
- Follow @thestokecast and tag us in a story!
- Tell one person who you think will learn something and love the show 🙂
- Subscribe and leave a review on iTunes. Your ratings and reviews really help and we read each one!
Join 2,000+ subscribers
Get Inspired Every Friday.