Andrew Drummond is a New Hampshire-based mountain athlete specializing in backcountry skiing and SkiMo racing.
Andrew has become known as the go-to backcountry skiing expert in the White Mountains and attributes this to spending as much time as possible challenging himself in the mountains, challenging himself to do things that maybe hadn’t been done before, and also investing time in sharing his experiences.
After taking a break from the corporate world, Andrew decided to design a life and career around his passion for the mountains and for alpine touring. It took a few years to figure out exactly what this would look like but in 2016 Andrew started ‘Ski The Whites’, a community and shop dedicated to outfitting backcountry enthusiasts with the proper gear and resources for the wild experiences they craved. He also organizes skiing and trail running events and recently launched the ‘Weekend Beta’ podcast via a Patreon page.
In this episode, we talk to Andrew about leaving the traditional path to pursue your passion, establishing yourself as an expert in your field, starting an online reseller store and running a business without losing sight of your original goal, and even some of the barriers to the backcountry from a cost and safety perspective.
Mentioned on the show:
- Follow Andrew on IG @sr_drummond
- Follow Ski The Whites on IG @ski_the_whites
- Follow Run The Whites on IG @runthewhites
- Check out the Ski The Whites website here and blog here
- Support Andrew, Ski The Whites, and the Weekend Beta show on Patreon
- Take part in the Friday Night Lights Uphill Series at Black Mountain
- Connect with Andrew on Facebook
To share the stoke:
- Connect with your hosts on Instagram at @jonathanronzio & @e_hollz
- Follow @thestokecast and tag us in a story!
- Tell one person who you think will learn something and love the show 🙂
- Subscribe and leave a review on iTunes. Your ratings and reviews really help and we read each one!
Love hearing all the episodes! Being from the Black Hills this episode resonated with me because it’s easy to look at all the big mountian ranges and get jealous or think “if only…” but why not be like Andrew Drummond and make the most of where you!
I’ve now listened to every episode and loved em all! Missing getting new episodes for 2020.