Kimi is a Hawaiian freediver, US National Spearfishing Champion, conservationist and founder of Keep Wild Co—a company that makes reusable utensil kits packaged in recycled surf competition banners.
She’s also a certified culinary chef and you can find tons of great recipes on her blog. She’s an artist, writer, and purely inspirational spirit that we were so excited to chat with.
Hear how Kimi first fell in love with freediving by following her father under the waves, what happened when her family’s economic status shifted and how Kimi fell away from her passions for so long, how she rediscovered herself under the waves, and then in the pursuit of gold medals realized she had commoditized what made her feel most alive.
We also discuss our connection with our food, Kimi’s company Keep Wild Co and learning not to panic in the face of fear.
Enjoy the show and please, if you haven’t already, subscribe and share the stoke with 5 of your friends!
Mentioned on the show:
- Follow @Kimi_Swimmy on IG
- Visit Kimi’s website
- Grab a reusable utensil kit from Keep Wild Co
- Watch Kimi’s latest film project, presented by Olukai, Three Hearts Home
- Kimi’s recipes
- Kimi’s artwork
- Check out Kimi swimming with a Great White shark
- Jonathan noted a video of Guillaume Nery freediving Dean’s Blue Hole
To share the stoke:
- Connect with your hosts on Instagram at @jonathanronzio & @e_hollz
- Follow @thestokecast and tag us in a story!
- Tell one person who you think will learn something and love the show 🙂
- Subscribe and leave a review on iTunes. Your ratings and reviews really help and we read each one!