Emi Koch is a professional surfer, conservationist, educator, National Geographic Adventurer of the Year, and non-profit leader, making waves of difference around the world.
Her non-profit organization, Beyond The Surface International, is empowering coastal communities through surfing lessons and visual storytelling workshops.
On this episode of The Stokecast, learn how Emi gained traction as a professional surfer from a very young age, then decided to ditch the traditional path of the sponsored athlete to start a non-profit and work to create real change in surf communities worldwide.
Mentioned on the show:
- Follow Emi on Instagram @beyondthesurfaceintl
- Visit the Beyond The Surface International website
- See Emi on National Geographic Adventurers of the Year
- Emi’s Climate Changers profile
To share the stoke:
- Connect with your hosts on Instagram at @jonathanronzio & @e_hollz
- Follow @thestokecast and tag us in a story!
- Tell one person who you think will learn something and love the show 🙂
- Subscribe and leave a review on iTunes. Your ratings and reviews really help and we read each one!
Episode edited by Chris Plante
Join 2,000+ subscribers
Get Inspired Every Friday.