Feature photo credit: Katie Sox
On episode 24 of The Stokecast, Ladies AllRide Founder and Director of Inspiration, Survivor survivor, Lindsey Richter, joins us to chat about how to overcome your fear-based mindset and learning to change the thoughts that just don’t serve you.
- “No bad weather, just bad gear” – Why where Lindsey grew up helped nurture her tolerance for suffering (6:30)
- Learning how to choose your attitude and create your own sunshine (11:00)
- Why Lindsey took to mountain biking as a way to get her fitness back (14:00)
- Surviving “Survivor” and the reality TV fallout (15:30)
- Coping with all the faces of fame (27:00)
- The difference between physical and emotional pain and how to deal with both (32:00)
- How sport helps humans change thoughts that don’t serve them (38:00)
- Why Emily is afraid of mountain biking (41:00)
- Lindsey’s inspirations for founding Ladies AllRide camps (42:00)
- What STOKE means to Lindsey (56:00)
Subscribe to The Stokecast on iTunes
Ways to connect with Lindsey:
- @ladiesallride on Instagram
- Ladies AllRide
Bonus! Catch Lindsey at 3:21 in Eminem’s Without Me video!
To Share Your Thoughts:
- Leave a note in the comment section below
- Connect with your hosts on Instagram at @jonathanronzio and @e_hollz
- Follow @thestokecast
- Share this show on Twitter or Facebook
- Please tell one person who you think will learn something and love the show 🙂
- Subscribe and leave a review on iTunes. Your ratings and reviews really help and we read each one!
Thanks for joining us. Until next week!
Thank you for this interview. I recently heard about ladies allride but listening to Linsdey’s infectious and blatant honesty about her own struggles and how passionate she is about helping women through mountain biking strikes a chord. I love mountain biking. It was a hard won win for me later in life and now I am so grateful mountain biking found me. I am so focused when I am mountain biking it is like an intense meditation where I have to release all of my problems in order to be fully in the moment. I cannot wait to take one of her camps. Keep doing what you are doing, I can’t wait to hear some of your other guests.