Female Outdoor Adventurist, Public Lands Advocate, and Merrell Ambassador, Nicole Brown, chats about the personal and professional struggles and successes she’s faced while building Women Who Hike—one of the largest communities both on and offline for outdoorsy women.
In this episode, Nicole speaks to how Women Who Hike came to be and how she succeeded building belonging inside a niche membership community with the “We, Not I” mentality.
We also discuss building out the ambassador team, her approach to group hikes, Leave No Trace and outdoor access principles, 1% For The Planet, and how equipment empowers equality.
Lastly, Nicole gets very candid and vulnerable about a plan to climb Kilimanjaro last year that fell through and why, her daily battle with three autoimmune diseases and imposter syndrome, but why despite all of that, she is determined to live beyond a diagnosis and in fact credits her drive and success to what many would see as limitations.
Tune in below or wherever you listen to podcasts!
To connect with Nicole:
- Follow her on Instagram @im_nicolemarie
- Follow and join the community at @womenwhohike
- Visit womenwhohike.com
To share the stoke:
- Connect with your hosts on Instagram at @jonathanronzio & @e_hollz
- Follow @thestokecast and tag us in a story!
- Tell one person who you think will learn something and love the show 🙂
- Subscribe and leave a review on iTunes. Your ratings and reviews really help and we read each one!
Episode edited by Chris Plante
Join 2,000+ subscribers
Get Inspired Every Friday.