Feature Photo by Sasha Turrentine
On episode 27 of The Stokecast, founder of Flash Foxy and the Women’s Climbing Festival, co-founder of the Never Not Collective production company, climber and Access Fund board member, Shelma Jun.
In our conversation with Shelma, we dig into the contrasting balance of a life in pursuit of wild adventures with a home base in the big city, how an urban planner became an outdoor community builder, and how to recognize when your unique snowball of opportunity and experience has grown big enough to build a dream on.
Plus, the difference between being physically present and mentally present, and Shelma’s thoughts around gender equity in the outdoor industry, its current trend and its future.
- Connect with Shelma on Instagram @shelmatic
- Flash Foxy Instagram
- Never Not Collective Instagram
- Within Reach: A Documentary About Women’s Equality in Climbing
- Pretty Strong: All Your Favorite Climbing Chicks in One Film
To Share Your Thoughts:
- Leave a note in the comment section below
- Connect with your hosts on Instagram at @jonathanronzio and @e_hollz
- Follow @thestokecast
- Share this show on Twitter or Facebook
- Please tell one person who you think will learn something and love the show 🙂
- Subscribe and leave a review on iTunes. Your ratings and reviews really help and we read each one!
Join 2,000+ subscribers
Get Inspired Every Friday.