If you’ve been wondering how much work it takes to become a professional outdoor athlete, working on building your base of physical fitness, your personal brand, and keeping your mind on track, you’re going to want to tune into this one.
Subscribe to The Stokecast on iTunes
TJ David is a professional skier and Aspen-based plant-powered endurance athlete with experience on both sides of the lens. And he’s also still hustling to make it work – because let’s be real, it’s rare to be a full-time athlete in this industry!
His mission is to pursue the outdoors with creativity and love, channeled through big mountain skiing, trail running, and the marriage of the two through human-powered endurance events and adventures.
I met TJ back in 2012 when he was just on the verge of discovering his passion for these pursuits and to see his progress since has been inspiring. Enjoy!
On this episode, learn:
- How new opportunities emerged for more athletes to have viable careers when they started creating social content
- The way TJ approaches building his Instagram audience and curating moments
- How focusing on trail running has helped him access more ski terrain
- The importance of having a meditation practice grounded in stillness
- What TJ’s plant-based training diet looks like
- TJ’s take on being a paid athlete and still having a normal job
TJ’s Top Book Recommendations:
- Eat and Run: My Unlikely Journey to Ultramarathon Greatness by Scott Jurek (mentioned in the episode)
- How to Change Your Mind by Michael Pollan
- On The Road by Jack Kerouac
- How Not To Die by Michael Gregor MD
- Autobiography of a Yogi by Paramahansa Yogananda
- Oneness by Rasha
Ways to connect with TJ:
- @tj_skis on Instagram
- His website at tjdavidski.com
To share your thoughts:
- Leave a note in the comment section below
- Connect with your hosts on Instagram at @jonathanronzio and @e_hollz
- Share this show on Twitter or Facebook
To help the show:
- #ShareTheStoke and tell even just one person (a friend, colleague, family member) who you think will learn something and love it 🙂
- Subscribe on iTunes!
- Leave an honest review on iTunes. Your ratings and reviews really help and we read each one!
Thanks for joining us. Until next week!