Have you ever thought about climbing Mount Everest without supplemental oxygen, or starting a global expedition guiding company specializing in rapid ascents on the world’s biggest mountains? Adrian Ballinger has.
Adrian Ballinger is a professional climber, big mountain skier, mountain guide, and the Founder of Alpenglow Expeditions. He’s climbed Everest 8 times, once without oxygen, and he’s gearing up for something even bigger…
If you’re a total logistics nerd (like Emily and Adrian) and obsessed with operations, or if you’re just drawn to pursuing crazy challenges, listen, learn, and be inspired as Adrian shares his story.
On this episode:
- Learning to trust your team and delegate tasks when you start to scale beyond yourself
- The grind of growing guiding company, Alpenglow Expeditions
- Balancing a career as a professional athlete with running a business and keeping relationships alive
- How Adrian got his start as an adventure athlete
- Learning to reframe failure as success
- Altitude training systems and big mountain speed ascents
- The Lake Tahoe Via Ferrata and Adrian announces his quest to climb K2 without oxygen!
Ways to connect with Adrian:
- @adrianballinger on Instagram
- @alpenglowexpeditions on Instagram
To share your thoughts:
- Leave a note in the comment section below
- Connect with your hosts on Instagram at @jonathanronzio and @e_hollz
- Share this show on Twitter or Facebook
To help the show:
- #ShareTheStoke and tell even just one person who you think will learn something and love it 🙂
- Subscribe on iTunes!
- Leave a review on iTunes. Your ratings and reviews really help and we read each one!
Thanks for joining us. Until next week!
Join 2,000+ subscribers
Get Inspired Every Friday.