Alex is a sports nutritionist and mountain athlete passionate about helping people exceed their mountain dreams through the use of practical and wholesome nutrition, while pushing her limits during early morning dawn patrols and long days in the mountain.
Alex was born and raised in Cleveland, Ohio, but after graduating college followed her lifelong dream of heading WEST. She accepted a job in Bellingham, Washington as the corporate dietitian for a local supermarket chain, and there she fell in love with the North Cascades and all they had to offer – skiing, climbing, trail running, and fastpacking.
A year later, she and her husband Matt moved to Portland, Oregon, where Alex currently works for Evolution Healthcare and Fitness as their dietitian, specializing in sports nutrition. She offers nutrition consultation to local endurance athletes to help them improve their performance and reach their goals.
When Alex isn’t in the office, she spends her time playing in the mountains of the Pacific Northwest with her husband. You can find her training for an ultramarathon, climbing ice on volcano headwalls, skiing down couloirs, or rock climbing on some of the North Cascade’s finest granite.
Her and Matt are passionate “Weekend Warriors,” who feel strongly about balancing work with play, and utilizing their limited free time (before work, after work, Saturday, and Sunday) to chase their mountain dreams.
Mentioned on the show:
- Follow Alex on Instagram at @alexborsuk
- Check out Alex’s nutrition services
- Go to Alex’s website alexborsuk.com
To share the stoke:
- Connect with your hosts on Instagram at @jonathanronzio & @e_hollz
- Follow @thestokecast and tag us in a story!
- Tell one person who you think will learn something and love the show 🙂
- Subscribe and leave a review on iTunes. Your ratings and reviews really help and we read each one!