Now featured on The Stokecast, mother, professional rock climber, writer, Beth Rodden.
In this episode, Emily and Jonathan chat with Beth about:
- How and why Beth fell in love with climbing
- Creativity vs. competition and what’s changed about the sport for kids today
- Women in climbing and growing up without access to many female role models and no clear path to turning climbing into a career
- How barely escaping a kidnapping in Kyrgyzstan rocked the foundation of Beth’s confidence in climbing, her marriage, and mental health.
- Vulnerability vs. the conquerer’s mentality
- California’s yummy summer produce
Mentioned in this episode:
- From Kidnapping To Kids, My Life On An Off The Rock, by Beth Rodden – Outside Online
Ways to connect with Beth:
To share your thoughts:
- Leave a note in the comment section below.
- Connect with us on Instagram at @jonathanronzio, @e_hollz, @exploreinspired
- Share this show on Twitter or Facebook
To help out the show:
- Leave an honest review on iTunes. Your ratings and reviews really help and we read each one.
- Subscribe on iTunes
Thanks for joining us. Until next week!