“Adventure photographer” doesn’t quite describe Christian Schaffer. After just a few seconds staring at her work you know that in Schaffer’s world, landscapes look more like dreamscapes, and what most call outdoor escapes, she calls life.
In Christian’s past life, she was an Abercrombie model and retail manager. She went to college in Hawaii, moved to Italy for work, trekked the John Muir Trail, and traveled 19 countries (mostly alone) pursuing wild adventures, foods, and freedom.
And after changing her mailing address more than 30 times, Christian just decided to just ditch it and live full-time out of a 4×4 truck in the Pacific Northwest to build her career as an outdoor photographer.
In this episode, Christian’s first podcast interview, discover:
- Why the road pulls at her like gravity
- How she thinks about the look and feel of her images
- What she uses to plan and edit her Instagram feed (Mosaic)
- Why she credits her success to networking and leaning into relationships
- Understand the divergence of her commercial and personal work, and how she built both
- What camera Christian shoots with and her go-to lenses
- Why you need to replace fear with curiosity
- Plus don’t miss Christian’s definition of stoke!
Tune in below or wherever you listen to podcasts!
To connect with Christian:
- Follow her on Instagram @christianschaffer
- Visit her website for her work portfolio and more at christianschaffer.art
- Order prints from Christian here
To share the stoke:
- Connect with your hosts on Instagram at @jonathanronzio & @e_hollz
- Follow @thestokecast and tag us in a story!
- Tell one person who you think will learn something and love the show 🙂
- Subscribe and leave a review on iTunes. Your ratings and reviews really help and we read each one!
Join 2,000+ subscribers
Get Inspired Every Friday.