WOW. What an incredible episode. From burn victim to pro-triathlete to world record crushing mountaineer, Colin O’Brady of Beyond 7/2 and 50HP is a bundle of inspiration, stoke, and an overall fantastic guy.
Plus, we’ve got a hell of a giveaway* for this episode. Listen below or on your favorite podcast app, buckle up to be inspired.
This week on the Stokecast, Jonathan and Emily chat with Colin about:
- What ‘sleep-hiking’ is and the importance of micro-naps
- The drive behind going for mountaineering World Records
- His project of Beyond 7/2 and motivating young people to get outside
- The use of social media as a platform for larger communities
- The 50HP project and the ‘Forrest Gump’ effect
- The logistics that go into these huge expedition projects
- His journey of becoming a pro-triathlete
- The importance of a positive mindset and inspiring other people
- Watching a vision come to life (through tons of hard work, meetings, failures, etc)
- Not focusing on finding ANY sponsor partners but finding the RIGHT sponsor partners
- What kind of training regimen Colin has
- Colin’s ideas behind balance
The Seven Summits Poster Contest:
(updated entry details*)
To celebrate Colin’s Stokecast episode, in collaboration with Nashville-based creative design firm, Anderson Design Group, we’re giving away a beautiful vintage art poster series of the Seven Summits.
Explore Inspired founder and Co-Host of The Stokecast, Jonathan Ronzio, had been looking for a set of posters like this for years. Since stepping off of Aconcagua in 2013, he and his climbing mates began searching… 5 years later, after flying off Denali’s Kahiltna Glacier, it still didn’t exist.
Loving Anderson’s National Park poster collection, Jonathan reached out to see if they’d be up for taking on the project. And they were!
What are the Seven Summits?
- Aconcagua – South America’s Tallest Mountain
- Denali – North Americas’ Tallest Mountain
- Kilimanjaro – Africa’s Tallest Mountain
- Carstenz Pyramid – Australasia’s Tallest Mountain
- Mount Everest Asia’s Tallest Mountain
- Mount Elbrus – Europe’s Tallest Mountain
- Vinson Massif – Antarctica’s Tallest Mountain
Whether you have completed the quest for the Seven Summits (like Colin O’Brady), or maybe you have this journey sitting on your bucket list, or you simply find these mountains and what they represent for the human spirit to be magnificent, you’ll find yourself inspired to reach new heights every day with the Seven Summits poster series framed on your home or office wall.
To enter, click the link below and follow the instructions!
Mentioned in this episode:
Ways to connect with Colin:
To help out the show:
- Leave an honest review on iTunes. Your ratings and reviews really help and we read each one.
- Subscribe on iTunes
- Connect with your hosts on Instagram at @jonathanronzio and @e_hollz
- Share this show on Twitter or Facebook
Thanks for joining us. Until next week!