Rickey Gates is a Salomon sponsored runner, writer, and storyteller. He is the author of the upcoming book, Cross Country, written about his run across America—a project titled Transamericana that is also set to become a feature film.
He is the creator of the Hut Run Hut retreat series, in its 7th year, as well as the Bus Run Bus guided adventure series in its 2nd year.
In this episode, Rickey talks about how he fell in love with running, how its influenced his life at different moments, and the inception of his projects and the momentum they’ve created.
Additionally, Rickey weighs in on learning to live on almost nothing, why waiting tables and seasonal employment shaped his career aspirations and opportunities, how to smile through frustration, and why you need to start talking to strangers.
Mentioned on the show:
- Follow Rickey on Instagram
- Go to Rickey’s website
- Read more about Transamericana
- Go to HutRunHut.com
- Go to BusRunBus.com
To share the stoke:
- Connect with your hosts on Instagram at @jonathanronzio & @e_hollz
- Follow @thestokecast and tag us in a story!
- Tell one person who you think will learn something and love the show 🙂
- Subscribe and leave a review on iTunes. Your ratings and reviews really help and we read each one!
Join 2,000+ subscribers
Get Inspired Every Friday.