Simon Donato might be best known for creating and starring in the television show Boundless, as well as the author of The Boundless Life.
But beyond his epic pursuits as an ultra-endurance athlete in the worldwide adventure racing circuit, he’s a geologist passionate about combining field-based research with extreme athletics to explore new and culturally important frontiers.
His company, Adventure Science, was built to do just that. It is a non-profit organization that pairs super fit adventure athletes with researchers, taking them into some of the most remote and hard to reach places on our planet to conduct scientific, conservation, and humanitarian projects. Simon, along with wife Chanelle Mayer, also hosts the Adventure Science podcast.
In addition to Adventure Science, Simon founded Canada’s original swim-run series, Amphibious Challenge, and a gluten-free oatmeal company called Stoked Oats. He is also an athlete ambassador for Merrell, Suunto, and Farm to Feet.
Tune in below or wherever you listen to podcasts!
Ways to connect and stuff mentioned:
- Follow on Instagram @simon_donato
- Learn more about Adventure Science
- Listen to the Adventure Science Podcast
- Watch Boundless
- Read The Boundless Life
- Get stoked on Stoked Oats
- Signup for Amphibious Challenge
- Simon’s personal website
- Photo credit @chrismshane
Bonus Content – Beyond Roads: The Musandam Oman Expedition
To share the stoke:
- Connect with your hosts on Instagram at @jonathanronzio & @e_hollz
- Follow @thestokecast and tag us in a story!
- Tell one person who you think will learn something and love the show 🙂
- Subscribe and leave a review on iTunes. Your ratings and reviews really help and we read each one!
Episode edited by Chris Plante