In Part 2 (find Part 1 here) of the conversation with Uphill Athlete authors and founders, Steve House and Scott Johnston, Emily and Jonathan get candid advice and chat about their respective upcoming mountain goals—a 50k race and a rapid ascent of Pico de Orizaba!
Get their take on how to prepare for such big objectives, what to expect from and how to handle the altitude, AND lastly of course, hear what Steve and Scott have to say about STOKE.
Hint: “You Can’t Coach Desire!”
Plus, after the conversation wraps with Steve and Scott, your hosts recap the realities of what happened when they got after it and got both the race and the climb DONE!
Mentioned on the show:
- Watch Jonathan’s Orizaba climb highlight
- See Emily’s 50k recap post
- Go to the UphillAthlete.com
- Buy Training for the New Alpinism on Amazon
- Buy Training for the Uphill Athlete on Amazon
- Connect with Steve House on Instagram