Spending too much time at the local bar or in front of the TV? You’re probably in need of a vacation, or even a vagabond-ation. Here’s 10 inspiring travel quotes to help you get off your ass and out into the wonderful world, courtesy of Explore Inspired.
1. “Travel makes one modest. You see what a tiny place you occupy in the world.” – Gustave Flaubert (click to tweet)
2. “A traveler without observation is a bird without wings.” – Moslih Eddin Saadi (click to tweet)
3. “Adventure is worthwhile.” – Aristotle (click to tweet)
4. “One doesn’t discover new lands without consenting to lose sight, for a very long time, of the shore.” – Andre Gide (click to tweet)
5. “A ship in harbor is safe, but that is not what ships are built for.” – John A. Shedd (click to tweet)
6. “It’s a dangerous business Frodo, going out your door. You step onto the road, and if you don’t keep your feet, there’s no knowing where you might be swept off to.” – JRR Tolkien (click to tweet)
7. “Take only memories, leave only footprints.” – Chief Seattle (click to tweet)
8. “I see my path, but I don’t know where it leads. Not knowing where I’m going is what inspires me to travel it.” – Rosalia de Castro (click to tweet)
9. “Adventure without risk is Disneyland.” – Doug Coupland (click to tweet)
10. “You don’t choose the day you enter the world and you don’t choose the day you leave. It’s what you do in between that makes all the difference.” – Anita Septimus (click to tweet)
11. “You lose sight of things…and when you travel, everything balances out.” – Daranna Gidel (click to tweet)
12. “Because in the end, you won’t remember the time you spent working in the office or mowing your lawn. Climb that goddamn mountain.” – Jack Kerouac (click to tweet)
Now get out there and explore the world.
Let go, find your adventure, find yourself. #ExploreInspired!